"Nature is the Healer of all Disease" -Hippocrates
claire zimmerman, ND RH(AHG)
Dr. Claire Zimmerman is a naturopathic physician and herbalist practicing in Seattle, WA. She received her doctorate in naturopathic medicine from Bastyr University in Kenmore, WA, a bachelors degree in Biology & Anthropology from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, CO, and received a certificate of clinical herbalism from The North American Institute of Medical Herbalism in Boulder, CO. She has advanced training in homeopathy, flower essences, hydrotherapy, craniosacral therapy, visceral manipulation, dural attachment therapy, biofeedback, mindbody medicine, and environmental medicine. She combines extensive training in botany, ecology and permaculture with medicine, offering clinical services, classes, and consultations.
Dr. Zimmerman is trained as a primary care physician and can treat most conditions, acute or chronic. Her practice is founded in Vitalism and Nature Cure philosophies. She specializes in the treatment of chronic conditions, autoimmune illness, digestive disorders, stress and anxiety, environmental health, and pain management. Dr Zimmerman is trained in a wide range of specialties and treatment modalities, and creates individualized treatment plans for each unique patient.
Dr. Zimmerman is adjunct faculty at Bastyr University, and teaches workshops in the community. She is an author with Wild Brilliance Press, helping to create board study manuals for naturopathic medical students. She is currently the Philosophy Fellow for The Foundations of Naturopathic Medicine Project.
Dr. Zimmerman is licensed as a primary care physician in the state of Washington, she can order relevant labs, blood work, imaging, prescription medications, and referrals. She takes most major insurances, including Molina Applecare, and has a sliding scale option, packages, & discounts available for patients that wish to pay at time of service.
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, 2016
- Certified Clinical Herbalist, North American Institute of Medical Herbalism, 2008
- Bachelor Degree in Biology, Minor in Anthropology, Colorado College, 2001
Advanced Trainings & Seminars
- Advanced Homeopathy - New England School of Homeopathy (NESH)
- Permaculture Design & Teacher Certified - High Altitude Permaculture
- Therapeutic & Healing Garden Design Certificate - University of Washington
- German Balneology (Hydrotherapy) Trainings - Dr. Nancy Welliver, ND
- Advanced Naturopathic Manipulation & Sacral Occipital Therapy - Dr. John Masterson, DC
- Craniosacral Therapy - Dr. Cortney Cusack, ND
- Visceral Manipulation - Barral Institute
- Biofeedback / Mindbody Medicine - Dr. Brad Lichtenstein, ND, BCB
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians (WANP)
- American Herbalist Guild, Registered Herbalist (RH(AHG))
- Naturopathic Association of Environmental Medicine (NAEM)
- Naturopathic Medicine Institute, Professional Associate
Photo Credit to Brenton Murphy & Rachel Harmon.